Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clash of the Titans - My Take

I rented Clash of The Titans for my teenage children. I haven't been the biggest fan of Mythology. It was partly the fault of my education or lack there of. While educating my children, I struggled through the Mythology units.

During my childhood, I was exposed to 'old wive's tales.' Modern science has debunked most of these tales. Life is safer if less colorful. Maybe the lack of these tales explains the our culture's current obsession with mythology ranging from vampires to Greek gods. Is it our need for something bigger, stronger, and more dangerous than mankind? Or a need to reconnect with the fears from our past to show us the path to victory over today's fears?

Clash of the Titans was time well spent watching my family enjoy the movie including the spectacular special effects. The movie is quite loaded with them. The screen play is well written. Even the mythology challenged like myself should be able to follow the story. My children, who are fairly well versed in Greek Mythology, loved it. Facebook teenage friends agreed.

Kim Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment