Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Job Title - Library Personal Shopper

Arthur's Lost Library Book [VHS]I love books! I love stories, even ones I don't like. Uh?

My husband has only had one library card in his life, which he never uses, nor does does he step foot into a library. I confronted him about being afraid of the library. You never use the library, I said to him.

He just smiled, "Yes, I do. I read library books, watch their movies, and read library ebooks,"

Then it dawned on me, I am his personal library book shopper, or his Library Connection. I prefer Personal Shopper. Thank you very much!

I do the same for my children, constantly bringing books home. My oldest likes fantasy, which I can't stand. It usually puts me to sleep. My daughter loves series, no stand alone titles for her. Animal clans and paranormals are preferred. My youngest is at that difficult stage, still undecided as to what he likes. Aw! The fun of being a Personal Shopper.

What is your favorite style/genre of book?

Me? I like YA (Young Adult). The variety is amazing. I still read some adult mystery, romance, action-adventure, sci-fi, and Christian. No Horror or fantasy allowed.

Do you have a Personal Shopper? Do you have a friend to share your reading world? Even though we read different styles of books, we share their stories and our impressions during our family conversions.

Read a book today and share it with a friend!

Kim Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment