Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daylight Savings & Book Review - Time Ghost

Time GhostTime Ghost by Welwyn Wilton Katz peaked my interest. It's a middle grade scifi story. *Spoiler Alert* (sort of) I'm not giving away the plot just the mechanism to accomplish the story line.

The characters are fun. I enjoyed getting to know them.

Welwyn Wilton Katz is very heavy into saving the ecology. Man's destruction of Earth is a major theme of the novel and it acts like a character in the story.

Several years ago, I taught my children a small unit study on Daylight Savings Time which covered the beginning of time zones.You're probably wondering where this tangent fits into the Book Review of Time Ghost?

Everything! The author uses the convergence of the time zones as a natural time travel portal. Every time I read that fact, I cringed. Time zones are man made whimsical lines on the face of the Earth appropriately one hundred fifty years old. (I claim whimsical because they are not straight or logical like latitude or longitude lines.) How could a natural phenomenon like time travel be govern by them?

See what I mean, I don't do fantasy well! (The blog posting where I share my preference of genres.)

The book is well written and fully developed. I enjoyed the bigger theme of walking a mile in someone else's shoes and learning a lot about them and yourself. If you can suspend your beliefs to enjoy fantasy, join Sara and Dani on a trip back in time.

Hope Daylights Savings time is treating you well!

Kim Izzy

Take a moment and check out Bending Tree Designs store at Zazzle.com (my artist side)
http://www.zazzle.com/bendingtreedesigns*

No comments:

Post a Comment